COVID-19 - CONTINGENCY PLAN
Unicafé Group, in accordance with its Code of Conduct1 and Fundamental Rights and Workplace Interaction Policy2, in order to preserve the health, safety, and well-being of all those involved in the supply chain and coffee market, and in strict compliance with the guidelines given by public authorities concerning the Covid-19 pandemic, presents the measures that are taking place to ensure the regular flow of its activities:
- All departments whose activities do not rely on the physical presence of their employees are working remotely;
- Work at Saturdays has been suspended until the state of public calamity lasts, in order to prevent the virus from spreading while encouraging social isolation;
- Holidays, when possible, and until the state of public calamity lasts, will be extended in order to prevent the virus from spreading while encouraging social isolation;
- Employees belonging to a risk group, no matter the department in which they work, were told to stay at home in order to comply with social isolation without any decrease to their remuneration;
- All meetings, trainings, or other events that promotes social gatherings have been called off or are being held digitally;
- Hand sanitizers were made available in common areas and at every department of all Unicafé Group’s facilities, being easily accessible to all employees;
- Masks have been made available at all places where it’s necessary;
- Guidelines given by public authorities regarding personal hygiene and other preventive measures are being reinforced;
- All Unicafé Group’s facilities are being regularly disinfected. Photos at the end of this letter;
- Occupational safety and health teams are monitoring the presence of symptoms in our workers;
- Telephone lines with specialized assistance in clarifying doubts regarding the new coronavirus were made available to workers, as well as an internal group in order to speed up the adoption of preventive measures;
- If necessary, other measures may be adopted, always with the purpose of preserve the health and well-being of all those involved in Unicafé Group’s activities.
Furthermore, our commitment to transparency and ethics is hereby formalized and ratified. In case of an eventual suspension of our operation – which, it is reiterated, will only occur by order of Brazilian public authorities – or any other issue that might in any way impact the business of Unicafé Group, all parties involved or affected will be immediately contacted so all available measures can be adopted together in order to avoid or minimize possible losses.
Lastly, Unicafé Group reaffirms that all contracts will be fully honored, and its activities will continue to flow duly normally, but with the necessary adaptations that aims to preserve the health and well-being of all those involved in the production chain that brings the best Brazilian coffee to all corners around the world.
UNICAFÉ COMPANHIA DE COMÉRCIO EXTERIOR